ponedeljek, 20. april 2015

Prima Gothic Fairytale

Hello everyone! This is the time of the year when Prima has the annual DT Call. I decided to join the movement, took a bunch of Prima goodies and put them together in my way - in the Gothic Fairytale style. I decided to follow my way and my emotions and created three projects that I hope express my thoughts and my imagination.This means I had to include my ingredients that I love and enjoy to work with: dark glows, broken buttons, dark branches, stitches, wire...

The first project is a Mixed Media Canvas. The title is Five pieces of one heart and I've made it for my sister for her 40's birthday. This heart represents each memeber of her family and together they form a heart.



I covered each piece of a cardboard heart with different patterned paper. I decided for the Something blue Prima Collection. The pink pieces are for the girls. The majority of Prima embellishments are on the piece that represents my sister as  the gift is for her and as moms are the heart of the family. All the pieces are sewed together  - the family bonds. Each member is spreading out his/her branch as every single person is a someone that contributes to the world in his/her very personal way. Each branch also reveals the name of the single family memeber.



The Prima Vintage ziplock says "Moments" as this is what a family has in common. Our goal is to enjoy them, accept them, deal with them, remember them, learn from them...





Products used
Texture Paste White Sand 961473
Prima - Ingvild Bolme - Distressing Tool
Prima Finnabair Clear stamp 960957
Something Blue 12x12 Collection Kit 814137
Ingvild Bolme Junkyard findings - Vintage Trinkets 891558
Ingvild Bolme Junkyard findings - Typo Bulbs 891534
Ingvild Bolme Chalk edgers - Rusty Bucket, Old Road, Black Coal
Finnabair Vintage Trinkets 960278
Prima Flowers 571405 
Prima bloom Sultry Shimmer Tangerine 573935
Prima bloom Sparkling pastels Cotton Candy 573737
Prima bloom Tea Stain 573836
Prima Chipboard Alphabet 

 The second project is a layout. It's about life. You all probably know the thought from The Lion King: 

“The past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it, or learn from it.”

I decided to put it down in this LO for my son. This lesson is quite hard but yet so simple. The past doesn't exist anymore but at the same time it can be a great gift. So, the secret is not to only remember but it goes further - to Learn! I simply started with writing the thought with different pencils at the top and continue with it all throuhgt the page.



 
I started with putting a dark glow all arround the edge and in the center with the Chalk edgers. In this LO I used the Prima pencils to make some distressing elements from the top of the paper and out of the little holes as well. I stamped the Prima Fence stamp and also filled the empty spaces with the pencil to create a diamond pattern.

I have to admit I love to tear appart the Prima flowers and get them distressed in every way but I appologize with sewing the pieces back together again :-)


 Vintage trinkets an some stamping, drops of Prima bloom mist, branches and pins arround the center leads the focus to the most important part of the LO.


Products used:
Prima - Ingvild Bolme - Distressing Tool
 Something Blue 12x12 Collection Kit 814137 
Ingvild Bolme Chalk edgers - Rusty Bucket, Old Road, Black Coal 
Prima Flowers 571405 
Finnabair Vintage Trinkets 960278 
Prima bloom Sultry Shimmer Gilded 573911
Prima bloom  Vintage Metal Vintage Coal 573799
Prima Watercolor Pencils Earth Tones 576738
Prima Clear Stamp - Vines and Birds
Finnanbair Clear Stamp - 960926


Also my third project is a LO. It says: 

"You were born to be real, not perfect."
 


I decided to use the Prima bloom spray mist but this time I didn't want to spray it. Instead I prefered to use some Masking fluid to write the most important word in this thought: REAL. Then I used the Masking fluid also to delineate the heart shaped stain. I simply covered this part with different Prima bloom colors put them on the paper with the brush and after dry I rubbed off the Masking fluid and I love how the heart popped out. I completed the heart with the Prima watercolor pencils - just an accent here and there on the edges of the heart and some distressed efects.


The borders are adorned with some texture paste and golden flakes and they are in a good company of the Finnabair Prima clear stamp - Vintage Vanity collection.





Products used:
Texture Paste White Sand 961473 
Prima - Ingvild Bolme - Distressing Tool 
Something Blue 12x12 Collection Kit 814137
 Ingvild Bolme Chalk edgers - Rusty Bucket, Old Road, Black Coal
 Prima bloom Sparkling pastels Soft Teal 573782
 Prima bloom Vintage Metal Vintage Coal 573799
Prima bloom Sultry Shimmer Lime 573890
Prima Clear Stamp - Vines and Birds
Texture Paste White Sand 961473 
Prima Clear Stamp - Vines and Birds 
Prima Finnabair Clear stamp 960957 

I forgot to mention that in all the three projects there were always raining drops of Prima bloom :-).

These are my projects. I hope you like them, I hope they will like them. I hope to begin another story - a Prima Gothic Fairytale ;-)


11 komentarjev:

  1. Hi Jana, these are all so beautiful. Good luck on your application to Prima. I have never heard of gothic fairytale style but it is really intriguing. I might have to give this a go myself. Hugz

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. Just caught this over at Marjie's - really amazing work.
    Alison x

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. Absolutely INCREDIBLE Jana. Wow. GREAT work of art. j.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  4. I came over from Marjie's blog to have a closer look at your heart project, it is stunning! I love the sentiments behind your making of the project too! Anne x

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  5. Hi Jana, I just came over from Marjie's blog, what beautiful work you are doing!!!! Wonderful!!! the heart is so lovely and love your sentiments also, thanks for sharing, I will be following you!!! Thanks for sharing these works!!!!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  6. Beautiful projects! I can't decide which on I like best. In all of the projects you used a stamp that looks like trees or cracks. Could you tell me the name and where I can get it?

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  7. I absolutly love your art, Jana! You've got yourself a fan (in me) Thank you for sharing this wonderful art, and I also love the story/meaning behind it - that was also beautiful.
    Hugs, Anita

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  8. I came over from Marjie's blog and am so happy I did. The way you use these projects is so creative and magical. I love the stories and symbolism behind every detail. Awesome work.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  9. Your projects made me think, "If Tim Burton did a collaboration with Prima, this is probably what it would look like"!!!! It's all very beautiful.

    Xox, Courtney

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  10. Wow these are absolutely incredible!!!

    OdgovoriIzbriši