četrtek, 4. december 2014

Christmas Fairytale Icy Tree

Here is my third project that continues the Christmas Fairytale. It's an icy looking tree but I would said that there is also a pinch of whimsical atmosphere because all that swirls, dots and stripes, don't you think.


I always want to make something in a new way and this time I used something that is typically for fall but in the end the tree looks a real winter queen. I decided to use the Sizzix Bigz Die - Tattered Leaves  and display them in the tree shape using a simple paper cone for the base. I've cut out many leaves from the Canvas Corp papers:  Farmhouse Christmas on Ivory, Blue &Ivory Ribbon Stripe, th Black &White Love Newsprint, the Tan &Ivory Mini Dot Reverse and I also cut the leave from the Tattered Angels Mistable Papers Soaker and Corduroy. Many leaves that make a nice dimension.



The base of the tree is made with cream burlap from Canvas Corp. It was only necessary to add a turquoise bow.


 On the leaves, to make them stronger, I used the crackle paint, some white acrylic for the traces of snow and some glitter and small shiny stars.

I also made some swirly and put them in between the leaves to make the tree more intresting and full. Some of the swirls are enriched with the Dome Studs from 7Gypsies and I also glued on the tree some crystaly from the same brand.


The tag is from the Farmhouse Christmas Tags on Ivory paper. You get a 12 x 12 with a lot of tags and use them in many projects. They are so nice!


An icy tree for you and me.....

To be continued......

3 komentarji:

  1. THUD.....that is the sound of me hitting the floor. THIS IS BEYOND GORGEOUS!!!!!!! Just FABULOUS Jana!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. очень клевая!!!! просто шикарно!!!

    OdgovoriIzbriši